Monday 9 April 2012

Moderate Turkey: Pastor Threatened, Physically Attacked, Insulted, & Forced to Recite the Shahadah

Wouldn't you just love to switch places with minorities who are lucky enough to witness moderate Islam™ first-hand?

From Bianet‎:

Four people rushed into a Protestant church in Bahçelievler district and physically attacked the pastor, threatening and insulting him.
Four people rushed to the Protestant Grace Church in Bahçelievler, Istanbul and physically abused pastor Semir Sertek (58), after forcing him to cite the Islamic testimony of faith.
Sertek had depicted the attack which took place on the night of the Orthodox Easter, April 7th, to Radikal daily as follows:
"Someone knocked forcefully on the door of the church. They were aggravated. When we opened the door, they forced their way in, mocking us. I was troubled. I asked them to come back at the next day but they kept insulting. 'This is a Muslim neighborhood, there's no place for a church' they said. They threatened to kill me if I refuse to accept Islam. One of them cited the Islamic testimony of faith and asked me to recite it. He kicked me on my chest and then they ran. I fell of the stairs." (EKN/EÜ)

No comments: